- Application for Admission & Application Fee
- Students must meet one of the following multiple measures: earned a technical diploma or higher,* earned a minimum high school GPA of 2.6, earned a minimum college GPA of 2.0 or submit ACT or Accuplacer test scores. Submit any needed transcripts or test scores. *Please note short term technical diplomas do not fulfill Multiple Measures. These programs include Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT, and Truck Driving.
- Students must possess a Wisconsin Apprenticeship Completion Certificate issued by the Department of Workforce Development-Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards which includes a minimum of 400 hours of prescribed apprentice related instruction in the Wisconsin Technical College System.
Technical Studies – Journeyworker
If you have already completed your Wisconsin Registered Apprenticeship but still want to advance in your career with a degree, Gateway’s Credit for Prior Learning can recognize your hard work, knowledge, skills and experience with our Technical Studies - Journeyworker associate degree. No matter which WTCS college and employer you completed your apprenticeship through, you’ve gained a vast amount of professional expertise that deserves academic recognition.
- Earn advanced standing in the associate degree program with 39 credits through our Credit for Prior Learning program by presenting your Apprenticeship Completion Certificate from the state of Wisconsin’s Department of Workforce Development-Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards.
- Transfer any prior college coursework along with the 400+ hours of paid related instruction and complete at least 15 credits (25% of the total degree credit requirements) at Gateway.
- Enjoy flexible classes that fit your schedule with face-to-face or online courses in a variety of subjects, including communications, social science, behavioral science, and mathematics or natural science.
- Find all the support you need to earn the degree you deserve through our student support services, including tutoring, counseling, disability services and financial aid.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: N/A
Books & Supplies: N/A
Spring, Summer, Fall